- Which Book...?-- Discussion
- June 4th, 2010
1. Is your favorite?
2. Focuses on your favorite character?
3. Has your favorite scene?
4. Would you most liked to have lived?
5. What's your favorite shape-shifting race?
6. What type of shape-shifters do you think you would most fit in with?
Answer just for kicks =]
1. Hawksong. Defnintely. I love the raw emotion in it, I really do. It's beautiful and exciting. I also find that Wyvernhail is a close second because of the way the whole history of the Dasi comes together and because of Hai's voice.
2. Snakecharm focuses on my favorite character. I love Zane. The book itself disappointed me though and I found it weird that Zane's book would be less focused on emotion than Danica's considering he's Serpiente. But then I also think it makes sense because a book with war in it like Hawksong will always be very emotional.
3. I'm actually not sure what my favorite scene is. I'm a huge fan of the prologue diary entries, though. My favorite scenes would have to be Danica comforting Gregory in Snakecharm as well as the scenes about the Dasi and Anjay in Wyvernhail.
4. I would have liked to live in Falcondance when there was a Wyvern's court, but before Oliza was kidnapped and before Sale was almost killed. Falcondance strikes me as the most peaceful of the novels other than Snakecharm as nothing's going on that affects the entire civilization. And I would rather live Falcondance than Snakecharm because that way both cultures would be available in one city.
5. I definitely love the Serpiente. I love the dancing and the freedoms especially when it comes to women. You won't be called a slut for something stupid with the Serpiente and the penalty for rape is beyond fitting. It just seems like between being social and friendly and lively, the Serpiente have the most fun but they can be serious and get things done as well. The grace and beauty that they're all born with wouldn't be too bad either ;)
6. It's hard to say. I'm not as social as the Serpiente, but I'm not nearly as reserved as the Avians. I'm definitely liberal and laid back and if I had been raised to be around people constantly, I'm sure I wouldn't have resented it. I don't know much about the wolves, but Kalisa's pack seemed friendly and celebratory and her wolves seem to me from the few you meet in the novels to be quieter, with their emotions slightly deeper down (in a serene way) than the Serpiente, but much more festive and raucous at times than the Avians. With that and a defenseive loyalty, I can't decide whether I would fit in more with Serpiente or the wolves of Kalisa's pack.